So nowadays, everyone is out there saying that they need to be eating healthier, exercising more, getting in better shape for the summer months, losing weight. I am truly no exception, but I have a totally different reason. In 3 months, my friend Sarah and I will be running in a 3.1 mile race/obstacle course called Warrior Dash. The run is designed to test you mentally and physically, but mostly physically. While I am not in horrendous shape, I am not in the best shape either. I know that I need to get moving, get training, because some of these people who will be there are in peak shape. We are not competing for overall time, but would like to finish in a halfway decent time. This will be our first year doing this, and we are both looking forward to it.
So, now I need to find my motivation. As if not dieing while running this race is not enough motivation. Every day I have scheduled either a run, or a workout. I end up doing the required work, maybe twice a week. So I am now making myself accountable because I will have to finish this race. We have bought our entrance tickets, hotel room, and new tires for my car (the old ones wouldn't last to Indiana). It is time to go!
So if you have some spare time in August, and want to join us, we are running on August 11, 2012 in Indiana. The website is www.warriordash.com. SO EXCITED!!
No comments:
Post a Comment